Monday, March 31, 2014

Shooting the Wounded

I've been really burdened the last few weeks. God keeps bringing friends across my path who have been wounded. These are strong believers who have been betrayed by other believers. For really stupid reasons. (Is it okay for me to say that?)

Their stories aren't my story to tell. But my heart breaks as I watch them keep their heads high and grieve. Because the world is watching. And those whose faith may not be mature enough to understand are left wondering what in the world is going on.

Why is it that Christians seem to be the only ones who shoot their wounded? Why do churches sometimes seem to put so much emphasis on evangelism (a good and Godly thing) while those within the family are broken and left to their own grief?

I have no good answers. But I have to believe that God is crying right now along with us. Not only at the brokenness of my friends, but the way other believers have been the cause of that brokenness. (And the lack of repentance over the sin that caused all this pain in the first place.)

All I know is that I'm ready for the Lord's return. And in the meantime, I will try to act justly, love mercy, and walk humbly.

No comments: