Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Time for Tea

To follow up with my fundraising post, we are coming off the most amazing two weeks. My neighbor and friend, Tina, is a consultant for Tealightful Teas. She offered to help us with an amazing fundraiser, that's very close to my heart. Last Saturday, we held a large tea party at a local church. This is a church we don't attend, but they donated their space to us. Tina and I found 5 different hosts (plus my mom who is selling via catalog in Oregon) for this tea party. One of the hosts doesn't even know us, yet felt she wanted to help out. Tina generously offered to forgo her commission from all sales and give them to us. (And when I discovered this was the biggest party she'd ever done, I knew this was a gracious gift indeed.)

While she was working away and planning her party, Tina found two other friends who also have businesses with direct sales. Victoria lives in Iowa (and we're pretty sure we're somehow related on my grandmother's side) and drove here with her Scentsy and Norwex products. She also offered to give our family a cut of her sales. And Danielle is selling Miche bags on our behalf. I'm absolutely stunned that complete strangers would go to such lengths to help a little girl come home.

So on Saturday, dozens of us gathered in a small church basement, drinking tea and eating scones. If you know me, you'll know that I'm a complete tea snob. I'm extremely picky about the tea I drink. The Tealightful products are wonderful. I spent a day surrounded by people who love my family and supported us through something I love. I honestly don't know how God could have tailored a more perfect weekend for us. It was one of those moments when I just sit back and watch God work.

We are blessed indeed to have the friends we do.

If you want to give back to Tina and the other ladies, I would strongly encourage you to check out their businesses and support them. You can make inquiries in the comments and I'll hook you up with them.

No comments: