Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Merry Christmas, Annie

Here I sit, at the end of a long, but quiet day. As I shared in my last post, it's been simply a nice, peaceful Christmas season. But in the middle of the happy memory-making, I've found myself becoming a bit teary and pensive. You see...our family isn't complete.

I wonder who is wishing my sweet girl a Merry Christmas in a country where Christmas is not really observed. I wonder who tucked her in last night and gave her Christmas snuggles and kisses. I watched the Santa Tracker on the NORAD website to see Santa visit China. And while we're enjoying a final Christmas with Dayna as an only child, there is an Annie sized hole in my heart while we wait.

This song came out the first Christmas we had Dayna home. I loved it for its third verse...the verse of hope. This year, I've listened to it sparingly, for the sadness the first two verses bring. I need to remember the hope...and that next year, God willing, we will be a family of four gathered around our Christmas tree and peeking into stockings. Next year, Santa can deliver gifts to our friends in China...but our family will be in one place...right here, together.

So, sweet girl...the one who has captured my heart, even though I haven't met her yet...Merry Christmas.


3 comments:

Paula said...

Next year... it isn't that far away!

Unknown said...

We love you, Annie! Hurry home!

A Brothers said...

Can't wait for your sweet Annie to be home! I remember listening to that CD and SCC's Christmas CD over and over waiting for Clara. Always makes me melancholy to hear it now. Praying for you get to go get that pretty little girl soon!!!
Joy