Wednesday, November 28, 2012

When it Rains...

...it pours!

I'm keeping my eyes on God right now, but it seems a whole bunch of things are just going wrong these days. I've been on crutches the better part of the last month. Just as I was getting ahead of this ankle sprain, I took a tumble on the crutches (some excitable kiddos took me out!) and did a number on my back when I landed.

On Thanksgiving, our sink backed up...way up...overflowing into the basement. (Thanks, Dad & Dan for taking care of that one.)

The day after Thanksgiving, our oven of 10 years decided to quit working. The repair is almost $300. Trying to decide if we just get a new oven. (Can't really afford either option.) And it looks like they can't get out until next week to fix it.

Dan just dumped a lot into replacing the clutch in his car. Turns out the clutch wasn't the only problem. We're a one-car family this week while we pour more into those repairs. With only one car, I can't pick up any sub jobs.

We also just finished a partial remodel on our basement and have those expenses (which were budgeted, but still ad to the pinch right now.)

So I'm tired, but keeping my eyes up. Just a hiccup along the way to get our sweet girl. The evil one doesn't like what we're doing, and for whatever reason, God has allowed all of these things to happen at once. In the grand scheme, we'll be okay. It just seems to be a lot of things at once.

3 comments:

Garey and Janiece said...

You didn't mention in the middle of all this you had house guests for ten days instead of four.

alainaw30 said...

Ah! But those ten days weren't nearly long enough!

I did forget to mention the laptop dying on us, though.

Mom to 5...Daughter of the King said...

I am with you on the whole repair thing.....we need a new water heater AND washer...........ugh!