Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Red or Blue?

I'm pretty sure I know how tonight is going to end. It's probably not the way I want it to end. And even if it ends the way I want it to...I don't know that I really want that, either.


I've put myself on a fast from Facebook this week so I can spend more time in prayer and less time getting my gut wrenched by all the venomous and often erroneous information posted by friends on both sides of the political fence.

We've had some interesting conversations about elections and authority with Dayna recently. And it boils down to this: whoever is our leader, that person is determined by God alone. I have no cause for despair if "my" candidate loses. And if "my" candidate wins, he still has a responsibility to lead wisely and can let me down at any time. In God alone can I put my trust. I will vote according to my conscience, and after great prayer. I will respect the position, no matter who fills it. And I will continue to pray that we are "one nation, under God."

No comments: