Monday, January 16, 2012

Lessons I'm Learning - Part One (Darkness)

  • I'm learning that sometimes the path is very, very dark.
  • I'm learning that sometimes God grows our faith by letting us see what's going on, and sometimes He grows our faith by not letting us see.
  • I'm learning that I'd rather walk in the dark with Jesus than walk in the light on my own.
  • I'm learning that even the darkness is not dark to God.
  • I'm learning that His Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path.
  • I'm learning that when you fix your eyes on Jesus, the things of earth grow strangely dim.
  • I'm learning that I'm afraid of the dark. I never thought I was...but this is a different kind of dark.
  • I'm learning that I'm surrounded by a great cloud of witnesses who know what it's like to walk in the dark. (To quote Rich Mullins...one of the best songwriters of all time {although King David was also pretty cool} once wrote: Sometimes I wake up in the night and feel the dark/it's so hot inside my soul, I swear there must be blisters on my heart)
  • I don't need to find light on my own. Do not gloat over me, my enemy! Though I have fallen, I will rise. Though I sit in darkness, the LORD will be my light. (Micah 7:8)
So I'm learning to trust, moment by moment.

1 comment:

Nancy said...

i know the darkness you speak about. hang on tight, God has you on a journey that you will never forget. you will learn from it and i believe that tho you may have doubts, you will feel His big strong arms shielding you from harm. btdt and still going thru it. God is good, but you knew that already! :)

praying for you, friend! hang in there.

***hugs***