Sunday, May 23, 2010

Mother's Day 5-9-2010

Mother's Day used to be the worst day of the year. Now, it brings bittersweet memories. I have a lot of compassion for those who desperately wish to be moms. Then there are those who have lost a child. Mom's who haven't yet met their children. Those who have a distant or estranged relationship from their moms. I really miss my grandma and Aunt Sharon. 6 years ago, Mother's Day was our last "healthy" memory with my aunt before her final days began. My own mom lives halfway across the country.

But I also joy in the fact that God finally saw fit to bestow the title of "Mom" on me. And what a sweet little girl He chose to trust to my care.

Completely on her own, Dayna decided that I should have pretty flowers for Mother's Day. So, while we were searching for carnations for her birth mother (a tradition we do each year), I conveniently got lost in Wal-Mart so she could buy me some roses. My sweet husband kind of surprised me (okay, I dropped a lot of hints) with a new birdbath and together Dan & Dayna made chocolate chip scones for breakfast. Yum!

Probably one of my nicest surprises was the beautiful necklace Dayna made for me with beads and a sparkly shoelace. I proudly wore it to church and showed all of my friends.


Thanks for the great Mother's Day memories, Dan & Dayna!

No comments: