Saturday, February 20, 2010

Peace in Action

I presided over another professional workshop this morning. In true fashion, just like our last workshop (click here for a reminder), this one has created a lot of stress. Each board member was supposed to come up with an idea and fill out an information sheet for me with all the info I would need to buy supplies, etc. Well, one person can't make it, so she didn't come up with an idea. Another decided to drop from the board. A third couldn't make it, gave me an idea, but can I make up the sample? Another had the idea but couldn't make her copies. Yet another was concerned that she wouldn't be able to get all the prep work done in time today.

Then Dan's car broke down. He took my car yesterday, leaving me stuck, at home. There was ABSOLUTELY NOTHING I could do about the workshop. Well, there was one thing I could do...I prayed. I picked up a dischloth and started scrubbing counters, and I prayed. I unloaded the dishwasher and I prayed. I swept the floor and I prayed. I wiped down the sink and I prayed. Before I knew it, I had an overwhelming sense of peace (and a very clean kitchen). The conflict wasn't gone, but I knew the Lord was with me, and it was all under control.

The workshop seemed to be going well this morning, and we're doing it again next weekend in Central Nebraska. Our chapter looks to make a nice profit from the workshop, and I'm starting to relax a bit.

I'm so glad I have a God who will remind me that He is waiting to give me perfect peace.

No comments: