Saturday, February 27, 2010

He Really Didn't Get It...

I wonder how you can spend three years walking with Christ, hearing His teaching firsthand, having Him wash your feet and perform signs and miracles before your eyes...and still not get that He's the promised Messiah...God Himself wrapped up in flesh.


But the coldness of Judas' heart was no surprise to Jesus.


I've been deeply hurt by a woman I've got to know this year. A woman I have spent a lot of time praying for. Without going into details, the woman has had unkind things to say to me, and had her final parting words with me today. The timing was bad, the words were terrible, and I'm having a hard time shaking it. I know that I'm not the one responsible, I'm simply the one who's here. Then I look at eleven other ladies who deeply care for each other and "get it." They understand community and iron sharpening iron. They invest in each other and they care about me.


I don't want to compare the one woman to Judas, (nor do I want to compare myself to Jesus), but I can't help but ponder that while Judas didn't really "get it," Jesus understands completely how I feel right now.


Don't know if any of this makes sense...maybe that's the state of my mind and heart right now.

No comments: