Saturday, February 28, 2009

2 Month Check-Up

I'm 2 months into the new year. How am I doing with my 2009 goals?

Prayer: I have found myself spending more time interceding for family and friends, but could definitely be spending more time specifically praying for changed lives and the salvation of those God has brought into my life.

Reading through the Bible: I've missed a few days in the Chronological Bible, but I'm currently reading Numbers (both in my read-through and in BSF.) I've definitely gleaned more from the first 5 books after studying the Life of Moses this year. Leviticus and Numbers are more alive than they've ever been.

Serving my husband: I'd love to say I'm the perfect wife. I've got a long way to go on this one, but I'm really trying to love him the way he deserves. I'm trying to pick up more of the slack around the house. The honest truth is that I've really got to consciously work more toward being the wife he needs me to be.

Shepherding Dayna's heart: Yikes...I haven't started memorizing any new passages, particularly with Dayna. I think we'll be starting on the Lord's Prayer this week. I should also find a new hymn to sing. I'm leaning toward "Great is Thy Faithfulness."

Finding joy in housework: Believe it or not, this is getting easier. My home is still not the spotless picture from a magazine that I'd like it to be, but it has been downright fun finding special jobs for Dayna and letting her see in my life that maintaining our home is something we can take joy in doing.

I guess I still have a long way to go toward reaching these goals, but it's good to look back over them every once in awhile to keep myself on track.

1 comment:

Mom to 5...Daughter of the King said...

We have so many of the same goals! I am doing a read through of the Bible this year, too. Although I found a plan that has me in OT and NT and Psalms or Proverbs. I am also focusing on relationships this year. and God brought me a new one with you! What a blessing!