Monday, February 29, 2016

BSF Leaders' Retreat

Every 3-4 years, BSF leaders converge in different locations throughout the world for a leaders' retreat. This year was my third retreat, and Dan's first. What an absolute joy to spend Valentine's weekend with 2,700 other followers of Jesus along with my husband. We walked through the book of Colossians, and my head and heart are still spinning with what the Lord is trying to teach me. My biggest takeaway from the weekend was finding security in my identity in Christ. I have struggled for so long with what others think of me. Even letting the opinions of others poison my own perception of who I am. I haven't arrived, but it was freeing to know that I am not who others think I am. I'm not even who I think I am. I am God's chosen, beloved child. And the ramifications of that are something I'll be chewing on for years to come, I'm sure.

The staff of BSF made this great snapshot video of the weekend. Most impressive is how they managed to feed 2,700 people in one room in just over an hour.



With some of my co-leaders in the Lincoln, NE Day Women's class
And the silly selfie my husband left on a friend's camera

No comments: