Monday, June 13, 2011

True Confessions: Housework

I'm not a good housekeeper. At all. I detest housekeeping. I have no motivation.

I like a clean house; I just don't like putting in the effort to get it that way. Keeping it that way is a challenge as well.

So, last month, we had out of town guests. My guest room and my sewing room are one and the same. (2 halves to one large room.) We let them have our room, because the guest room wasn't habitable. Before Easter, I had to pull out a card table and extra sewing machine to make Dayna's dress because I couldn't get to my sewing room.


So...the logical thing would be to roll up my sleeves and just dig in.

I've never been accused of being logical.

But, we will be having overnight guests next week. I don't want to have to go through this again. So, after some brainstorming and hard work (thanks, Dan), I now have a habitable guest room. The sewing room...that's another story.

No comments: