Thursday, March 31, 2011

Camping

Until tonight, I have been home (not counting sleep and getting ready for work) for a total of 22 minutes. This morning, while putting out a lot of fires, my student teacher (have I mentioned yet how awesome she is?) reminded me, "But Alaina, remember that you can do ALL things through Christ who gives you strength." Funny, because just last night, Dan & I were sharing with Dayna that this was the first verse she ever memorized.

So tonight, Dayna had established a camping spot in the middle of our living room, complete with blankets, pillows, and stuffed bunnies. (Some of you may be familiar with Arnie and Clover already...they were our "children" before Dayna.)

She asked me to read/sing the book "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" by Iza Trapani. You know, I'd stop on certain words, and she would always sing them perfectly in tune. Then she had Dan read her a story about tornadoes. He was definitely in his element.

I never bring my guitar home with me from school, but tonight (probably for the second time all year), I happened to have it with me. So, we ended our little campout with a not-so-rousing rendition of "The Green Grass Grew All Around."

It was nice to have a little down time in the middle of this busy week. Now, back to the grind. I can sleep Saturday afternoon, right?

No comments: