Friday, April 30, 2010

Quick Updates

What a crazy, busy day Thursday turned out to be.

The concert and rehearsal went very well. My students were probably on the best behavior they've ever had (parents in the audience certainly didn't hurt matters any.) Even in the hot, stuffy high school gymnasium, the students' singing was so beautiful that I actually had chills while I was conducting. Pending tornado watches and the possibility of it turning into a warning cleared us out quickly, and we were all on the road by 9:00.

My leg started feeling better after many rounds of ice and ibuprofen. I even made a slow, steady 4 miles this morning. My feet weren't hurting, and my calf muscle now feels slightly bruised, rather than hard as a rock. It was a beautiful morning for a run after last night's rain. The birds were out and singing, and I got to watch the sun rise (a little) with the clouds. I honestly don't know that I've enjoyed a run as much as I did this morning.

So all in all, things are going well. I've got a work day at school. I hope to finish all my plans for the rest of the year and start getting stuff packed up that I won't need until next year.

It feels good to stop and take a breath again.

No comments: