Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Don't Go Breaking My Heart

So I broke my foot instead. I could spin some great story about skydiving or jumping a motorcycle over flaming buildings...but really, I'm just clumsy and tripped on a crack in my driveway. The timing was awful - two days of school left and a piano recital. I managed to make it through those two days and a weekend before seeing an orthopedic surgeon. The diagnosis is a fracture of my 5th metatarsal in three places. Good news is I don't need surgery or a cast. I'm already weight bearing in my boot. Bad news is that this particular fracture takes about three months to heal...so no line dancing at my parents' anniversary celebration, and swimming this summer will more likely look like a mom in a beach chair with a good book.


One Hour

One Week

One Week

Two weeks

No comments: