Thursday, August 28, 2014

Back to School for Mommy, Too!

I was anticipating a slow return to subbing this fall. We were trying to figure out how to stretch the dollar further after 3 months with no work. Then in one day, I lost 2 piano students. Dan & I were talking and trusting...knowing God would provide somehow. We just didn't know how.

The next day, I got a call from Dayna's principal asking if I could do a last-minute long-term sub position. On Dayna's first day of 4th grade, I started 4th grade all over again myself (not in Dayna's class, though.) I have the privilege of spending 4 1/2 weeks with a really great group of kids. Not to mention getting to know her teachers even better.

In a small town, this is such a blessing. These are the kids my daughter will grow up knowing. Getting to invest, even in this small way, in the kids who will influence my own (and I hope the reverse is true as well) means a lot to me.

I question myself every day. Am I patient enough? Did I teach clearly? Could I have presented that differently? Will they be ready for their teacher to return? Am I earning the trust placed in me?

And every day, God gives me just what I need.

No comments: