Saturday, October 3, 2009

Being the Moon

I'm studying the book of John this year in my Bible Study, and this week we touched a little bit on John the Baptist (not the human author of the book.) This gave me food for thought a couple of years ago, but it's in the forefront of my mind again. In studying John the Baptist, I can't help but think of the people who have come in and out of my life to prepare me to meet the One who created me. But in the last two years, I've taken it a step further. I now ask myself whose life God has placed me in to prepare them to meet Jesus.

There came a man who was sent from God; his name was John. He came as a witness to testify concerning that light, so that through him all men might believe. He himself was not the light; he came only as a witness to the light. The true light that gives light to every man was coming into the world. John 1:6-9
So, maybe you've heard this one before, but it was new to me. We, like John the Baptist, need to be the moon.
You see, the moon gives off no light of its own. Rather, the moon is a reflection of the sun.


Shouldn't I also be a reflection of the Son?

2 comments:

Mom to 5...Daughter of the King said...

Thanks for that reminder~~

Holly said...

love the analogy AND the new blog look!